How to Root Droid Eris Android 1.5 – 2.1
Note before updating. Do not use Mybackup Pro app to restore your home screens in the new 2.1.
You will loose all HTC widgets and you will have to repeat steps 3-8 over again.
Droid Eris Android 1.5-2.1 Root Images Download inks are at the end of post
1. Place the PB00IMG.zip in the root of your sdcard
2. Backup all important data contacts synced with google will transfer over when you sign into your Google account.
3. Shutdown your phone
4. Start phone with “power+volume down” at the same time
5. Let it load the PB00IMG.zip
6. When it asks to press action to update it means press trackball center
7. It may take about 10 minutes to boot the first time
8. Now go through the Google setup wizard as usual and ENJOY
9. If there are any problems after the update process such as sense not working or HTC widgets missing, reload the img and repeat steps 3-8 to try the update process again.
To Mount use
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
Download Droid Eris 1.5-2.1 Root Image
Follow androidmobileos.com to Download Image file.
This is not a ROOT for the 2.1 leak. Do not update to leaked Android 2.1 for Droid Eris. You can go from 1.5 to ROOTED 2.1 but not from LEAKED 2.1 to ROOTED 2.1 (viaAlldroid).
Please Note: By rooting your phone you may void your warranty or brick your phone, Do it at your own risk, we will not be responsible if your phone renders unusable after following above guide.